Some comments and instructions in this page are for audio browsers and users who browse this site with screen readers. If you can see this paragraph and you are not using a text-only or screen reader browser, either the style sheet for screen viewing didn't load (if so, click on "refresh" to reload the style sheet), or you need to use a World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards-supporting browser that has full XHTML 1.0 Transitional and Strict and cascading style sheet (CSS) level 2 support.
For additional information, see the Accessibility Design and Features page.
The following is the left side navigation menu for the page.
The following is the main content for the page.
Love Letter to my Dog
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
- I love thee agreeably - enough to let your stinky doghide on the bed after a run through damp leaves, mud and slug infested gardens.
- I love thee steadfastly - enough to devote a year to raising you from a wobbly speck into a strong, healthy adult (who promptly attempts to seize control).
- I love thee passionately - despite your repeated efforts to probe my ears, eyes and mouth with the same tongue you use for various other atrocities.
- I love thee well - despite the amazing odors you produce.
- I love thee deeply - though you use me as a napkin at every opportunity.
- I love thee madly - despite the various bodily functions you have performed at inappropriate moments - in inappropriate places.
- I love thee constantly - despite the dog "bladder curfew" I have lived by for many years.
- I love thee truly - despite the "doggie land mines" hidden in the grass.
- I love thee absolutely - because you never (well hardly ever) hog the remote control.
- I love thee gratefully - because you stay by my side (or on my side).
- I love thee devotedly - more than clean carpeting, clothing, furniture, floors or walls.
- I love thee bravely - enough to battle the indomitable flea on your behalf.
- I love thee monetarily - enough to put the vet's children through college.
- I love thee openly - I will bear any embarrassment for your furry sake.
- I love thee totally - more than free time or excess cash or a predictable life.
- The reason a dog has so many friends is that his tail wags and not his tongue!
—Received in e-mail—original author unknown.
Return to the top
Return to the Dogs' Leads